PAGE UPDATED 5/24/2020
[Updated Help Resources at Bottom of Page]
Grace Bible Church of Parachute desires to be in compliance with those in authority who are seeking the well being of our community’s health and help minimize the impact of COVID-19. Therefore, we have made the decision as the Elder Board to suspend all church gatherings for the time being until after further information is given by the Public Health Department. The foreseen time frame is unknown at this time, but we will keep you posted on any changes. That being said, things have been being updated on a daily basis. We will do everything we can to keep you well informed as things progress or change.
- World Health Organization most update information on the virus itself
- Garfield County Emergency Operations Center
- Colorado State Level COVID-19 Information
NOW WHAT… First and foremost, we serve an amazing, all powerful, and all-knowing God who has not been taken by surprise. Let’s stay before Him in prayer, reading His Word to remind us of His promises (Hebrews 13:5-6, John 14:18) His power (Psalm 20:6-7) His care for us (1 Peter 5:6-7).
In this season where we face this pandemic, we have a Peace and a Hope. Our prayer is that the Lord will use His people the church to bring the Light to our community in this time. As His church let’s be sensitive to those who are fearful and who will be impacted by this. May we encourage and build up one another. We have a wonderful Heavenly Father who cares for us. He will lead us through this time.
Practical Pastoral Advice:
- Avoid Social Media- it can be difficult to find peace, comfort, and edification here. This can be a tool to be used in powerful and good ways, it can also be a place for misinformation, panic, and may to bring some people down and discouraged. Monitor closely how social media is impacting your mental state.
- Avoid Too Much Traditional Media- I understand we desire to be kept informed. There is a point where too much information becomes unhealthy. Stay informed, visit the county Public Health web-page, the World Health Organization, but do not dwell on these things. Often it leads once again to discouragement.
- Be The Church- During this time of suspended gathering, do not cease to be the church. God has placed us in places of work, alongside of neighbors, among groups of friends and acquaintances. In these settings let’s declare the Hope we have. Make sure during this time we be intentional about checking in on one another too. We will be broadcasting devotions, sermons, and encouragements through this time. Please check back with our website for current up-to-date information. Currently our church office will be open during normal times for resources and help.
- Finally, Do Not Worry- Luke 12:22-34 states God is aware, He cares, and He provides. Worry produces nothing good. In fact, it is harmful to the body. We can have a prayerful concern for what we see around us and yet not worry.
With Love and Prayers, -- Pastor Jed
Even though we will be suspending gathering together for a brief time, we fully intend to continue ministering through multiple means.
Our church office is now open during our regular hours: Tues., Thurs., & Fri., from 10am-2pm.
With the current restrictions our Pastors and Elders are limited with in person visits put in place by the Public Health Department. However, if you need food or medications picked up please contact us and we can assist with this.
Giving during this time can be done multiple ways. More Information Here
We will have these online and social media links available as we are able below:
Social MediaCONNECT TO SOCIAL MEDIA
See all videos from A Place of Grace GBC
Past Sunday Services
- Comfort amid the COVID Virus
- Contagious Christianity
- Engaging with the Gospel
- A Longing Fulfilled
- Good Friday
- Son has Risen
- Easter Resurrection Service
- Destined for Suffering
- Prayer in Suffering
- Mother's Day
- Sanctification in Action
- Christ's Trumpet Call!
Past Video Encouragements
- Scripture Challenge
- Responding to Our Authorities
- Psalm 91 Our Great God
- Story Time with Pastor Jed
- Story Time with Pastor Jed... "Remember"
- A Challenge & Request from Pastor Jed
- Story Time... A Right heart taught by Kids
- Judas... Seeking the Temporary
- I Am He...
- I'm Praying for You
- EARTH... Created by God!
- Jesus Did What!?
- A Story Book with a Powerful Truth
- Opening Our Doors
Giving is an act of worship, a spiritual discipline. A discipline of the heart where we recognize all we have belongs to Him and we simply are giving a portion back to Him in an act of this worship and obedience.Discover More
The celebration of our Risen Savior will NOT be dampened by our situation! We fully intend to glorify God to the fullest this year (even if it looks a little different).Celebrate Easter
The pastors of Grace Bible, Casa de la Biblia and Lighthouse Assembly will be administering food bundles once again on May 15th from 2:00-4:30pm for 120-140 families in need at Grace Bible Church. The parking lot or drive way will not open until 2:00 pm. Please do not show up early. Food will be given out while supplies last on a first come basis. We ask that all parties stay in their vehicles with windows rolled up. Food will be brought to your vehicle. We will be limiting food bundles to one per vehicle. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. We pray this is a blessing for those in need.
A Message from Garfield County Public Health
During this period of high demand for food resources at food banks we encourage all families to determine if they qualify for additional food resources in the community. The benefits they can receive monthly may help to stabilize the family’s food budget and offer more choices for what they eat. Garfield County Public Health
- WIC The Women Infants and Children’s program serves Pregnant, Post-partum and Breastfeeding Women and Children up to age 5. We continue to offer breastfeeding support and breast pump loans. Please apply at coloradowicsignup.org or call 970-945-6614 x 2020
- WIC does not ask for proof of citizenship and does not affect public charge
- Supplemental Nutrition assistance program (SNAP/ Food Stamps) SNAP WEBSITE 970-945-9191
- Garfield County Food Resources School meal service is being offered in all school districts free to those 0-18 years. For details please check with your local school district.
Mobile food pantries are being held:
- Parachute, LIFT-UP food pantry, 201 E. First Street, Thursdays at 2 p.m.
- Rifle, Garfield County Fairgrounds, Wednesday and Friday at 2 p.m.
- New Castle, Elk Creek Elementary School parking lot, Wednesday and Friday at 2 p.m.
- Glenwood Springs, Glenwood Springs High School, Monday & Thursday at 2 p.m.
- Carbondale, Third Street Center parking lot, 520 S. 3rd Street, Monday and Thursday at 2 p.m.
Extended Table service is offering grab-and-go bagged meals from 5 to 6 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays in Rifle at the Rifle United Methodist Presbyterian Church, Lovell Building, 200 E. 4th Street. Food services are also taking place in Glenwood Springs; stop by the First United Methodist Church, 824 Cooper Ave., for updates on Monday through Friday meal distribution. Contact info: (970)625-4496 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bea Underwood Elementary Meal Distribution
CHILDREN MUST BE PRESENT IN VEHICLE OR WALK UP WITH AN ADULT TO GET MEALS ALL STUDENTS REGARDLESS OF AGE AND ALL CHILDREN AGES 1 - 18 years old. Days of Distribution - Tuesday and Thursday - Distribution Times - 11:00am -12:30pm *Bags will include two days of breakfast and two days of lunch.
School District Help
- Garfield 16 School District - www.garfield16.org
- *The District 16 Family Resource Center is taking calls to help distribute food to residents in need. Please call Claudia Flores Cruz at (970)285-5262 Monday through Thursday. Deliveries to homes are on Fridays.
- Roaring Fork School District- https://www.rfsd.k12.co.us/
- RE2 School District - https://www.garfieldre2.net/
Garfield County Senior Programs
- View More Resources HERE
- If you are unable to use these resources and need assistance to access food, please call Garfield County Senior Programs Manager Judy Martin at 970-945-9191 ext. 3061. She may be able to coordinate food delivery to at-risk seniors, if required.
- Meals on Wheels New Castle to Parachute 970-625-6423 email@example.com
- Meals on Wheels Glenwood Springs https://www.vvh.org/patients-visitors/volunteer/meals-on-wheels/
- Countywide emergency food services please call 970-945-6614 x 2020 (Public Health) Or 970-945-9191 Department of Human Services
Offering free hot dogs to children 12 and under and seniors 60 and up. Customers can order food to go or pick up their food through the drive-thru. You can pick up your hot dog or chili dog at the Montrose, Parachute and all of the Grand Junction locations from 2:00-9:00 P.M.
Christine Singleton Dolan, RDN Nutrition Program Manager/ WIC Director
Garfield County Public Health | 2014 Blake Ave| Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
Ph: (970) 945-6614 ext. 2020 | firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 help hotlines:
· Aspen to Parachute COVID-19 community hotline 970-429-6186 (English en Espanol)
· Garfield County Public Health call line: 970-945-1377, ext. 8120 (English en Espanol)
· CO-HELP 1-877-462-2911 or COHELP@RMPDC.org (multiple languages)