A Message from Garfield County Public Health
During this period of high demand for food resources at food banks we encourage all families to determine if they qualify for additional food resources in the community. The benefits they can receive monthly may help to stabilize the family’s food budget and offer more choices for what they eat. Garfield County Public Health
- WIC The Women Infants and Children’s program serves Pregnant, Post-partum and Breastfeeding Women and Children up to age 5. We continue to offer breastfeeding support and breast pump loans. Please apply at coloradowicsignup.org or call 970-945-6614 x 2020
- WIC does not ask for proof of citizenship and does not affect public charge
- Supplemental Nutrition assistance program (SNAP/ Food Stamps) SNAP WEBSITE 970-945-9191
- Garfield County Food Resources School meal service is being offered in all school districts free to those 0-18 years. For details please check with your local school district.
Mobile food pantries are being held:
- Parachute, LIFT-UP food pantry, 201 E. First Street, Thursdays at 2 p.m.
- Rifle, Garfield County Fairgrounds, Wednesday and Friday at 2 p.m.
- New Castle, Elk Creek Elementary School parking lot, Wednesday and Friday at 2 p.m.
- Glenwood Springs, Glenwood Springs High School, Monday & Thursday at 2 p.m.
- Carbondale, Third Street Center parking lot, 520 S. 3rd Street, Monday and Thursday at 2 p.m.
Extended Table service is offering grab-and-go bagged meals from 5 to 6 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays in Rifle at the Rifle United Methodist Presbyterian Church, Lovell Building, 200 E. 4th Street. Food services are also taking place in Glenwood Springs; stop by the First United Methodist Church, 824 Cooper Ave., for updates on Monday through Friday meal distribution. Contact info: (970)625-4496 email@example.com
Bea Underwood Elementary Meal Distribution
CHILDREN MUST BE PRESENT IN VEHICLE OR WALK UP WITH AN ADULT TO GET MEALS ALL STUDENTS REGARDLESS OF AGE AND ALL CHILDREN AGES 1 - 18 years old. Days of Distribution - Tuesday and Thursday - Distribution Times - 11:00am -12:30pm *Bags will include two days of breakfast and two days of lunch.
School District Help
- Garfield 16 School District - www.garfield16.org
- *The District 16 Family Resource Center is taking calls to help distribute food to residents in need. Please call Claudia Flores Cruz at (970)285-5262 Monday through Thursday. Deliveries to homes are on Fridays.
- Roaring Fork School District- https://www.rfsd.k12.co.us/
- RE2 School District - https://www.garfieldre2.net/
Garfield County Senior Programs
- View More Resources HERE
- If you are unable to use these resources and need assistance to access food, please call Garfield County Senior Programs Manager Judy Martin at 970-945-9191 ext. 3061. She may be able to coordinate food delivery to at-risk seniors, if required.
- Meals on Wheels New Castle to Parachute 970-625-6423 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meals on Wheels Glenwood Springs (CLICK HERE)
- Countywide emergency food services please call 970-945-6614 x 2020 (Public Health) Or 970-945-9191 Department of Human Services
Offering free hot dogs to children 12 and under and seniors 60 and up. Customers can order food to go or pick up their food through the drive-thru. You can pick up your hot dog or chili dog at the Montrose, Parachute and all of the Grand Junction locations from 2:00-9:00 P.M.
Christine Singleton Dolan, RDN Nutrition Program Manager/ WIC Director
Garfield County Public Health | 2014 Blake Ave| Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
Ph: (970) 945-6614 ext. 2020 | email@example.com
COVID-19 help hotlines:
· Aspen to Parachute COVID-19 community hotline 970-429-6186 (English en Espanol)
· Garfield County Public Health call line: 970-945-1377, ext. 8120 (English en Espanol)
· CO-HELP 1-877-462-2911 or COHELP@RMPDC.org (multiple languages)